We held a bicycle clinic on May 1st and helped several community member fix and tune their bicycles for a spring/summer of fun riding!
We have been hard at work during the last few months and have a lot of news to talk about! Let’s get started:
- We received a $1,000 grant from the Trailhead Foundation/Three Dots for expanding our tools and advertising for our Repair Cafes! We are so very grateful to them for allowing us to be better able to reach the State College community.
- We have purchased a new 3D printer! The new Creality Ender 3 will use PLA filament and is added to our aging Davinci printer which uses PETG.
- We are working on a wiki with training and up-to-date information on the Space so that the public can see what we have and our members can learn how to use our tools and get tips and tricks for their best use.
- We are making changes to our membership models! The new models will include a discount for volunteering at the Space and lower prices for students and families. We will update the membership page and process for signing up very soon.
- We are purchasing a button maker! We will have the machine available to members with a small charge for the supplies and optional designing. Stay tuned for when it arrives.